Write an essay on fashion Merchandising.
Class: Intro fashion Merchandising
1. Reading: Textbook: Retail Buying: From Basics to Fashion, Chapter 7
This chapter provides an overview of the forecasting process and the importance of forecasting in merchandise buying.
2.Website: Fashion Trendsetter : Link : Fashion Trendsetter – Color & Fashion Trends Click the Trend Spark tab to review various fashion trends. Review the information provided under the following tabs: Color Trends, Fashion Trends, and Accessories. Do not subscribe to the trend service.
3. Website: WGSN Link:(snhu.edu)https://www-wgsn-com.ezproxy.snhu.edu/mywgsn
4. Presentation: Be Inspired : Review this example PowerPoint for Trend Forecasting.
5. Website: Pantone: Link: PANTONE® USA | Color Solutions, Trends, Guides & Tools Review this resource, which is a color forecasting website used for prediction of future color trend analysis for buyers looking for stories in the seasons or product development.
6.Review: 3-2 PowerPoint: Trend Forecasting Assessment
7. Focus: on women wear
8. Review: Trend Forecasting Assessment Guidelines and Rubric: follow Exemplary
9. women’s wear
10. FASHION HISTORY SCHOLARLY RESOURCES
• Bloomsbury Fashion Central
• Vogue Archive – ProQuest
• WWD (The Women’s Wear Daily Archive) – ProQuest
Fashion merchandising is essential because it is the link between the designer and the consumer. It is responsible for creating the perfect product mix that will attract consumers and generate sales. Merchandisers use their creative skills to design a product line that will appeal to a particular target market. They analyze consum
Looking for a similar assignment?
Let Us write for you! We offer custom paper writing services
The role of fashion merchandising is to ensure that the right product is in the right place at the right time. Merchandisers work closely with retailers to ensure that the product is displayed in a way that will maximize sales. They use their knowledge of consumer behavior to create a visually appealing display that will catch the eye of the consumer.
Fashion merchandising is also responsible for creating brand awareness. Merchandisers work with the marketing team to create campaigns that will promote the brand and increase its visibility. They use their understanding of the target market to create a message that will resonate with consumers.
Fashion merchandising plays a critical role in the success of a fashion brand. The fashion industry is highly competitive, and brands that do not have a strong merchandising strategy are likely to fail. Merchandisers must be able to anticipate consumer demand and create products that will meet that demand. They must also be able to analyze sales data and adjust the product mix to ensure that the brand remains profitable.
In conclusion, fashion merchandising is an essential aspect of the fashion industry. It plays a critical role in creating a desirable product, predicting consumer behavior, and creating brand awareness. Merchandisers must have a deep understanding of the target market and be able to anticipate consumer demand. Without a strong merchandising strategy, fashion brands are unlikely to succeed in the highly competitive fashion industry.