Do Electric vehicles decrease overall emission?
For your Definitional Argument Essay:
(1) introduce the issue and state the claim (do Eletric car decrease overall emission?)
(2) define key terms
(3) present your first criterion and argument that your case meets your definition
(4) present your second criterion and argument that your case meets your definition
(5) present your third criterion and argument that your case meets your definition (if necessary)
(6) anticipate and respond to possible objections/arguments
(7) conclude with return to the “big picture,” what is at stake, why your argument is important, etc.
If the electricity used to charge EVs comes from renewable sources such as wind, solar, or hydroelectric power, then the overall emissions associated with driving an EV can be significantly lower than those of a conventional gasoline-powered car. This is because electric motors are more efficient than internal combustion engines and renewable electricity generation emits little to no greenhous
Looking for a similar assignment?
Let Us write for you! We offer custom paper writing services
However, if the electricity used to charge EVs comes from fossil fuels, such as coal or natural gas, then the overall emissions associated with driving an EV may not be much different than those of a conventional car. This is because the emissions from generating the electricity will be similar to those from burning gasoline.
It’s important to note that even if an EV is charged with electricity generated from fossil fuels, it still has the potential to reduce overall emissions if the power plant generating the electricity is more efficient than the internal combustion engine in a conventional car. Additionally, as the electricity grid becomes increasingly powered by renewable sources, the emissions associated with driving EVs will continue to decrease.
Overall, the extent to which EVs can decrease overall emissions depends on the source of the electricity used to charge them. However, in most cases, EVs have the potential to significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions and improve air quality compared to conventional gasoline-powered cars.