Review the resources and clinical skills in the PMHNP Clinical Skills List document.
• Review the resources and clinical skills in the PMHNP Clinical Skills List document. It is recommended that you print out this document to serve as a guide throughout your practicum.
• Review the “Developing SMART Goals” resource on how to develop goals and objectives that follow the SMART framework.
• Review the resources on nursing competencies and nursing theory and consider how these inform your practice.
• Download the Clinical Skills Self-Assessment Form to complete this Assignment.
Use the PMHNP Clinical Skills Self-Assessment Form to complete the following:
• Rate yourself according to your confidence level performing the procedures identified on the Clinical Skills Self-Assessment Form.
• Based on your ratings, summarize your strengths and opportunities for improvement.
• Based on your self-assessment and theory of nursing practice, develop 3–4 measurable goals and objectives for this practicum experience. Include them on the designated area of the form.
Self assessment attached below.
Medication Management: PMHNPs must have extensive knowledge of psychopharmacology and be able to prescribe and manage medications for mental health disorders.
Psychotherapy: PMHNPs must be proficient in a variety o
Looking for a similar assignment?
Let Us write for you! We offer custom paper writing services
Crisis Intervention: PMHNPs must be prepared to handle mental health emergencies, including suicidal ideation, homicidal ideation, and severe psychotic episodes. They should be able to develop and implement appropriate interventions to ensure patient safety.
Patient Education: PMHNPs should be able to provide patients with information on mental health disorders, medication, and other treatment options. They should also be able to provide patients with education on lifestyle changes that can improve mental health.
Collaboration with Other Healthcare Providers: PMHNPs must work collaboratively with other healthcare providers, including primary care physicians, social workers, and psychologists, to provide comprehensive care to patients.
Overall, PMHNPs must possess a broad range of clinical skills and have access to the necessary resources to provide high-quality mental health care to their patients.